Saturday, January 19, 2013

Attitude Adjustment....

Dieting makes people crabby. It's just a fact. Your body isn't used to the lack of sugar, caffeine, calories, flavor.... I could go on. There is GREAT news though! When you are crabby, people stop inviting you out to lunches and dinner parties. Then you don't have to look like a jerk complaining about only getting a grilled chicken salad while your size 4 friend scarfs down a burger and fries. This crabbiness will really save you from all sorts of awkward social situations you didn't want to be in.

Wait, what? You like lunching with the girls?!? You still want the love of your life to tolerate you?!? Well, I happen to know a solution to your problem. I don't know if you want to hear it. It's a pretty good answer.

Don't try dieting without exercising also! As the great Elle Woods once said, " Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." Very true!!! Get yourself a buddy, get yourself a routine, find a gym you love (I really love Impact Fitness on Broadway in Bradley, IL...  just sayin'), and get to work! It's no secret that you'll meet your weight-loss goals faster if you throw a little daily cardio into the equation.

I still get crabby from time-to-time.... but I'm proud to say it's because someone has annoyed me and NOT because I'm dieting! ;)

As of today, I'm down 11.2 (yes, the two/tenths matters) lbs! My work ladies and I are starting a "Biggest Loser" on Tuesday. I'm glad I started when I did but it feels like I'm going to have to work my buns off, (literally), to keep up! It will be nice to have a built-in support group at school! I have a feeling my next topic will be the dreaded "plateau!" I feel it coming. Time to spice things up with a metabolism boosting day! Don't worry. When it happens, I'll let ya know. Yay tuna. ;)

Okay, that's all for now! Get on the phone and find yourself a buddy and hit a gym! Don't forget the weight training!

Thanks for reading!
Mrs. Soon-to-Be Skinny Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment