Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Missing In Action - AKA, The Flu!

Please forgive me. I've left you abandoned in your time of need. If it makes you feel better, I was at death's door. The FLU had me! Or, as Sweet Brown would say, "It GOT me!" As you may have heard, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" I surely didn't!!! It COMPLETELY messed up my dieting plan!!!

I know... you're sittng back in your chair going, "Yeah, yeah... poor baby... emptied her stomach and didn't get anything in her for a few days. I'm sure that really hurt her dieting cause." I'm here to tell ya! I was one of those girls that would sit in the teacher's lounge and joke, "Oh, that kid has the flu and he's going home?!? Send him over here to cough on me! I need to drop a few more pounds!"  BOY was I WRONG!

My body went into survival mode. Oh sure, when I was completely on empty and left for dead in my bed I had lost a few pounds. When it was all done I thought, "Well, at least something good came out of that!" Then, over the next few days, I realized I had ZERO energy to hit the gym. In fact, the idea of going to the gym made me think I had the flu all over again. So, I took the week off from EVERYTHING! (Terrible Idea)... I didn't get on MyFitnessPal, go to the gym, or watch my intake. I thought, "I lost 3 pounds witht he flu... I'm sure this won't hurt." WRONG again! By that weekend I had gained the 3lbs back and then some!

I did have a productive weekend and I ended up making it to my first school "Biggest Loser" weigh in with a loss of almost 2 lbs! Last night I made it to the gym and I'm VERY excited to get back again tonight. I'm also going to make an effort to start eating more foods that will give my metabolism a boost every day.

I must be pretty serious about this weight loss thing this time around because I really hate a lot of this stuff. I think I'll be picking up the ones I really enjoy and start with them. Who knows. I could learn to like almonds, right?  Well... I hope this list helps you because it really helped me see some of the things I should be munching on to give me a little bump in my dieting plan. Today at lunch, I picked up an apple and munched on it. I feel more spry already, (okay... that could just be in my head).

Until next time! Stay HEALTHY (which, if you're a teacher, is VERY hard --- lots of germs in a small space!) and keep working on it!


Remember my favorite motto - Nothing tastes as good as healthy and skinny will feel!!!

Signing off.... Mrs. Soon-to-be-Skinny Teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment