Saturday, January 12, 2013

The First Week Back...



It's official... I made it through my first week of dieting at school! You guys would be so proud of me!!! The second or third day back, an adorable little one came knocking on my classroom door. She belongs to one of my greatest friends and she came bearing, of course, BIRTHDAY CUPCAKES! This was it... the moment of truth. I couldn't tell her no thank you. I didn't want to hurt her cute little feelings. So, I took one with the idea that I wouldn't eat it --- I would find a way to raffle it off to a student.

Photo: The worlds most adorable cupcake is literally staring me in the face on my planing period! Make it stop!!! Must-stay-strong!

Well, the kids weren't in my room. They were in the library and it was my planning period. That cute little Hello Kitty cupcake stared at me for a LONG TIME! How could you resits this face.... 

It was tough, I'll tell you that!

Somehow, I was successful and managed to not even take a little taste!

I just kept repeating my new slogan, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel!"    --- Keep it in the back of your head, friends. It's helped me through some tough times this week!

Once the little sweeties got back into the room, we had a Math test. I told them if they were quiet I would raffle off something yummy. Of course, they were excellent! So, one of my little fellas won the cupcake, everyone else got a pack of Smarties, and I kept my goals in tact!

Weight loss so far... almost 9 lbs!!!

The weekend will be tough, my friends! Stay strong, eat carrots, have some tuna (hold the mayo), and think about how good you will feel when you've achieved your weight loss goal!

For now ---  Mrs. (Soon-to-Be) Skinny Teacher, Signing off!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 9 lbs. How awesome! Swimsuit season will be here before you know it. You know I have a pool in my backyard. How about that for motivation. I have a feeling our kids are going to have a great tan. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete